Contract type: Temporary
Department: Product Management
The Olympic Channel is a multi-platform global media destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, the Olympic Channel provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 12 languages.
The Olympic Channel was launched in August 2016 in support of the IOC’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement. Founding Partners supporting the Olympic Channel are Worldwide TOP Partners Bridgestone, Toyota and Alibaba. The Olympic Channel is available worldwide at olympicchannel.com, its mobile apps and on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and the Roku platform.
The Olympic Channel is looking for a Product Coordinator to join our team and have direct impact on how users discover and interact with unique content from one of the world’s most respected sports brands. The role will focus on the institutional website and will require interaction with many stakeholders from our team in Madrid and Lausanne and also externally with the wider Olympic movement.
The role is within the Product Department and reports to one of our Senior Digital Product Managers. As part of the Product Team, the coordinator will help to rebuild the B2B website by consolidating multiple digital assets and be part of all the lifecycle of website creation including requirements gathering, information architecture, features development, prioritisations and provider management.
We can offer an initial one-year contract role based in Madrid, Spain. Some international travel may be required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support the product management team’s implementation of product strategy and roadmap, particularly as it pertains to our institutional (B2B) web experience and fan-facing digital experiences for Olympic Committees.
- Coordinate and collect feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Deliver Business Requirement Documents and Functional Requirements Documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Manage backlog and prioritize development activities, including supporting teams that need further clarity or insight into requests.
- Help create QA test plans and assist with UAT.
- Work with external partners to develop new product opportunities and experiences.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Grow leadership skills within the company.
- Solve complex business and functional problems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce great fan experiences, especially with Editorial, Data and Marketing.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 6+ years in a digital field, ideally with web product management experience.
- Good understanding of all elements of a website lifecycle from technology, development, information architecture, etc.
- Experience in Agile methodology, sprint planning and prioritization
- A media or sports background is a plus.
- Good understanding of the Olympic Movement and of its stakeholders is a plus
- Active listening skills. You see value in other opinions and collaborate well.
- Ability to present and support point of view.
- Conceptual thinking, creativity and execution.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment with firm deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Fluent in English, other languages are desirable.
WORKPLACE & ENVIRONMENT
- Fast paced work environment.
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks.
- The position is based in Madrid, availability to travel occasionally, if required.
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order to apply for this role, please send your CV to Jobs@olympicchannel.com with your name and job title ‘Product Coordinator‘ on the subject line.