Contract type: Permanent
Department: Resources Operations
The Olympic Channel is a multi-platform global media destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, the Olympic Channel provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 12 languages.
The Olympic Channel was launched in August 2016 in support of the IOC’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement. Founding Partners supporting the Olympic Channel are Worldwide TOP Partners Bridgestone, Toyota and Alibaba. The Olympic Channel is available worldwide at olympicchannel.com, its mobile apps and on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and the Roku platform.
The Olympic Channel is seeking to fill a permanent position as Resources Technical Facilities Coordinator to take responsibility of scheduling of booking production services, responsible for the provision of incoming and outgoing broadcast lines and feeds for the use of Studio Operations, Ingest & Transmission areas. This role is within the Technology and Operations Department, specifically within the Resources Operations team and reports to the SR Resources Operations Manager.
As part of a Resources Operations team, the coordinator will schedule, coordinate and support internal or external production requirements, to ensure production workflows are implemented and adhered to. The role is a great opportunity to be at the heart of Olympic Channel operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain the ScheduALL database and system.
- Coordinate for the design and the implementation of new ScheduALL workflows.
- Ability to create high standard reports from ScheduALL for Resources or other departments.
- Train and support other users of ScheduALL in all departments.
- Coordinate and streamline scheduling efforts across different departments, International Federations and Broadcast Partners to facilitate the delivery of the television signal or streaming to Olympic Channel (OCS).
- Schedule and book technical and production services, facility resources, ingest and Lines Recordings, server ingest channels, IPTV channels, routers, transmissions to and from OCS premises.
- Ensuring end-to-end coordination of live transmissions worldwide.
- Coordination of fibre delivery and delivery using new technology methods, 3rd party service providers and Broadcasters.
- Liaison with all departments to facilitate their scheduling needs.
- Schedule technical and production services, facility resources, such as television Control Rooms, Studios, Edit Rooms, announce booths, server ingest channels, IPTV channels, routers, transmissions to and from OCS premises.
- Schedule and Coordinate field production teams, equipment and logistics.
- Schedule and Coordinate vendors and service providers supporting the in-house and/or the field productions of the Channel, such as ENG crews, OB Van, SNGs rental of speciality equipment, also freelance operators such as Video Editors, Audio Engineers, Producers, Cameramen and other technical/production staff.
- Actively procure schedules and related information.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- +5 years related Television experience, preferred in Technical/Production area.
- +3 years hands-on experience working in satellite coordination and the booking of broadcast facilities as it relates to fast paced live television environment, with knowledge of all aspects of television and International production.
- +3 years related Facility and Resources Scheduling experience.
- ScheduALL or Xytech or other facility scheduling experience is desirable.
- Computer savvy and proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and Smartsheet.
- Very strong organizational, planning & communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Willingness to work overtime, ability to accommodate flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays and irregular hours at a moment’s notice.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- ScheduALL Super User training is preferential.
- Effective training skills.
- Strong people skills and the ability to work with various departments.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate clearly.
WORKPLACE & ENVIRONMENT
- Fast paced work environment;
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks;
- The position is based in Madrid, availability to travel occasionally, if required.
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, along with examples of previous work (eg. link to a show reel or similar). The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Resources Coordinator’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.