24/7 YOG channel and live event streaming available at olympicchannel.com and Olympic Channel Apps
MADRID – The Olympic Channel global platform presents comprehensive coverage of the Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires 2018 from 6 to 18 October, including 550 live streaming hours across 149 events in addition to a 24/7 Youth Olympic Games Channel.
The Olympic Channel’s multi-platform coverage starts on Saturday, 6 October at 8 p.m. local time with the Opening Ceremony live from Buenos Aires’ iconic Obelisco. Additional programming includes “digital-first” content and social media coverage that is inspiring, entertaining, relevant and accessible to the participating athletes and that appeals to a worldwide audience.
The Youth Olympic Games (YOG) are the biggest multi-sport world competition for young elite athletes between 15 and 18 years old. Buenos Aires 2018 will be the first gender-balanced Olympic event and will feature an equal number of male and female athletes.
Over 12 days of competition, 4,000 athletes from 206 countries will compete in 32 sports in 239 medal events. Competition includes summer Olympic sports such as swimming, artistic gymnastics, athletics and 3×3 basketball, and new sports to the YOG programme including roller sports, dance sport, karate and sport climbing.
“The Youth Olympic Games provide an exciting format for young athletes around the world to come together and experience the Olympic spirit as they work toward their goals and dreams,” said Mary Byrne, Editor in Chief of the IOC’s global Olympic Channel. “Our team has set an ambitious goal to cover YOG with unique, animated and colourful content with input from the athletes themselves that is sure to resonate with our youthful demographic and while ensuring worldwide coverage.”
Buenos Aires 2018 programming on the Olympic Channel includes:
- 24/7 Coverage: Viewers can watch the 24/7 Youth Olympic Games Channel at any time from 6 to 18 October on the Olympic Channel and YouTube. The round-the-clock streaming channel features both live and tape-delayed event coverage and daily highlights shows.
- Live Streaming: Event coverage across the YOG competition is available both live and on-demand on the Olympic Channel at com and its mobile apps.
- YOG Daily: The “YOG Daily” show will feature a lively look at the news, trending stores, highlights and interviews in a round-up of the day’s events in a fun and interactive format. Available live on Facebook and Twitter daily at 1 p.m. local time.
- Olympic Channel Podcast: Featuring insightful interviews across the Olympic world, the Olympic Channel will produce a daily podcast during the YOG for an in-depth look at the personalities, stories and competition in Buenos Aires.
- Schedules and Results: To keep on top of the action in Buenos Aires, fans can find event and live streaming schedules, results and medal standings on com.
- Social Media: Fans can also follow the Olympic Channel’s coverage on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to learn more about the sports featured at the YOG as well as take part of the fun by interacting with athletes and for behind-the-scenes action.
In addition to event coverage, fans who visit the Olympic Channel can also discover a wide variety of exclusive features and sport guides including the search for the Olympic champions of tomorrow in Heroes of the Future. The inspirational original series features 12 young athletes from around the world with Olympic-sized dreams including YOG athletes Valentina Aguado from Argentina who will compete in sport climbing and Inoke Junior Waqavesi who will represent the United States in Rugby 7s.
The Olympic Channel is an over-the-top (OTT) global media destination where fans can experience the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round, and is available worldwide via mobile apps for Android and iOS devices and at olympicchannel.com.
About the Olympic Channel
The Olympic Channel is a multi-platform media destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, the Olympic Channel provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 11 languages. The Olympic Channel was launched in August 2016 in support of the IOC’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement. Founding Partners supporting the Olympic Channel are Worldwide TOP Partners Bridgestone, Toyota and Alibaba. The Olympic Channel is available worldwide via mobile apps for Android and iOS devices and at olympicchannel.com.