Live Streaming Schedule Available at olympicchannel.com
Opening Ceremony Kicks Off Live Coverage on 9 January at 20:00 CET
MADRID – The Olympic Channel presents 300 hours of coverage of the Winter Youth Olympic Games (YOG) Lausanne 2020 from 9 to 22 January including live and on-demand event streaming, a dedicated YOG Channel and daily live show. The global media platform’s live streaming coverage begins on Friday, 9 January at 20:00 CET with the Opening Ceremony from the Olympic Capital of Lausanne and runs through the Closing Ceremony on Wednesday, 22 January. Comprehensive coverage on the Olympic Channel is subscription free and will be available in all territories worldwide at olympicchannel.com, its apps for mobile and connected TV devices, and across its social media handles.
Additional programming includes “digital-first” content that is inspiring, entertaining, relevant and accessible to the participating athletes and that appeals to a global audience including highlights and news, a daily “Olympic Channel Live Show” on Facebook and Twitter, daily podcasts, streaming schedules, results and medal tables.
The Winter YOG are a multi-sport competition for young elite athletes from around the world between 15 and 18 years old and will feature an equal number of male and female athletes.
Held over 13 days of competition, 1,880 athletes will compete at Lausanne 2020 in 8 sports across 16 disciplines in 81 medal events. In addition to traditional winter Olympic sports such as alpine skiing, biathlon, cross-country skiing, curling, figure skating, freestyle skiing, ice hockey, luge, Nordic combined, short track speed skating, skeleton, ski jumping, snowboarding and speed skating, the Winter YOG will also feature sports such as monobob bobsleigh and ski mountaineering.
Lausanne 2020 programming on the Olympic Channel will include:
- Dedicated YOG Coverage: Viewers can watch a dedicated Youth Olympic Games Channel daily from 10 to 22 January on the Olympic Channel, YouTube and connected TV devices such as Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Android TV and Roku. The dedicated 24/7 streaming channel will feature both live and tape-delayed event coverage in addition to daily highlights shows.
- Live Streaming: Event coverage across the Winter YOG competition will available both live and on-demand on the Olympic Channel and its apps for mobile and connected TV devices.
- Daily Live Show: The action-packed “Olympic Channel Live Show” will showcase news, trending stories, highlights and interviews in a round-up of the day’s events in a fun and interactive format. The live show will stream on Facebook, Twitter and com daily at 17:30 CET.
- Olympic Channel Podcast: Featuring insightful interviews with personalities from across the Olympic world, the Olympic Channel will produce a daily podcast during the Winter YOG for an in-depth look at the stories and competition taking place in Lausanne 2020.
- Schedules and Results: To keep on top of the action at Lausanne 2020, log on to com.
- Social Media: Fans can also follow Olympic Channel social media handles on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for additional coverage.
The International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Olympic Channel is an over-the-top (OTT) global media destination where fans can experience the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round, and is available worldwide at olympicchannel.com, its mobile apps and on connected TV devices.
About the Olympic Channel
The Olympic Channel is a multi-platform global media destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, the Olympic Channel provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 11 languages. The Olympic Channel was launched in August 2016 in support of the IOC’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement. Founding Partners supporting the Olympic Channel are Worldwide TOP Partners Bridgestone, Toyota and Alibaba. The Olympic Channel is available worldwide at olympicchannel.com, its mobile apps and on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and the Roku platform.