At Olympic Channel Services, we are looking for Language Editors who are ready to join an international team editing/writing/translating international language sections (Arabic, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese & Russian) of the Beijing 2022 Games-time website.
• Translating stories from English
• Identifying, writing stories of localised interest, based on language, to Olympic fans
• Adapting stories from native language agency feed
• During Games-time, responsible for real-time publishing, updating of content in fast-paced, pressure-filled environment
• Edit, revise, rewrite wire service copy as required, especially during Games-time.
• Coordinate/collaborate with Editor in Chief, news editors, other language editors and Tokyo2020 colleagues on content ideas
• Ensure all content meets IOC standards for integrity and production quality
• Establish a consistent tone and voice, engaging and appealing to Olympic fans across all platforms
• Solid news judgment, ability to think quickly and act appropriately under pressure
• Strong knowledge of Olympic sports
• Strong knowledge of SEO best practices and what drives fan interest
• Fluent in English; other languages a plus.
• At ease with remote working environment
• At ease with international environment
• Self-starter, plus ability to work in a team; adaptability in changing environment
• In sync with Olympic values of friendship, excellence, respect
• Positive, open-minded personality
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills – diplomacy, tact and discretion
• Work weekends, nights, holidays as required
• Detail-oriented, organized, effective multitasking
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply by following this link. Olympic Channel Services is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.