The Olympic Channel is looking for a data scientist to join our 4-person analytics team. We are a multinational team of specialists with a range of skills from business and communications to data, statistics and engineering. We work in close collaboration with colleagues who are experts in areas such as editorial, marketing, commercial, product and technical delivery.
As part of the Olympic Channel analytics team, you contribute to our work by developing data-driven and actionable insights. Insights may be one-off, result in an automated dashboard, or be deployed in a production model for automated decisioning about how we engage our audience.
At times your work will also feed into our data infrastructure decisions, our contribution to data compliance, resilience and security, and reports for top management.
We’re always learning. You will have both the opportunity and the responsibility to continually grow your knowledge and skills, and to help the team and the wider channel continue to learn about how to make the most of data.
- 2+ years exploratory data analysis using R in a professional environment, whether commercial, academic or non-profit
- Diverse experience of problem definition and structuring of analytics to answer questions
- Great written and verbal communication skills around explaining insights to non-data specialists
- Direct experience of common machine prediction and classification techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees and k-means clustering
It is also beneficial, but not required, to have experience of:
- Experiment design, in any field, including the process of framing a problem, formulating and testing hypothesis
- Evaluation and iteration of production models
- Formulating queries in SQL, including complex joins, subqueries, unions and case statements
Or interest in:
- Practical applications of deep learning techniques
- Sports and the Olympic movements
We encourage applications from the broadest range of candidates, and regardless of background. If you have a passion for data and the Olympics please do get in touch, even if there are skills that you still need to work on. We look forward to hearing from you.
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference ‘Data Scientist’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.