Contract type: Temporary
Department: Tokyo 2020 Content Team
At Olympic Channel Services, we are looking for Live Bloggers who are ready to join an international team editing/writing/translating international language sections (English, Spanish, French, Mandarin and Hindi) of the Tokyo 2020 Games-time website, tokyo2020.org.
- Responsible for real-time publishing, updating of live blog in fast-paced, pressure-filled environment
- Fast, accurate and conversational blog posts that keep fans connected to the Games and drive them to additional content about the athletes/sports/topics they love
- Establish a consistent tone and voice, engaging and appealing to Olympic fans
- Beginning the day of the Opening Ceremony, work shifts will be 12 hours/day, every day of the Games. Work responsibilities will follow the timings of Tokyo.
- Coordinate/collaborate with Editor in Chief, news editors, other language editors and Tokyo2020 colleagues on content ideas
- Ensure all content meets IOC standards for integrity and production quality
- Solid news judgment, ability to think quickly and act appropriately under pressure
- Strong knowledge of Olympic sports
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices and what drives fan interest
- Proven ability to build and engage online audiences
- Fluent in English; other languages a plus.
- At ease in international environment
- Self-starter, plus ability to work in a team; adaptability in changing environment
- In sync with Olympic values of friendship, excellence, respect
- Positive, open-minded personality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Detail-oriented, organized, effective multitasking
Workplace and Environment
- Fast paced work environment;
- These positions are remote freelance opportunities that start in July 2021 and end in August 2021;
- Work weekends, nights, holidays as required.
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply by following this link. Olympic Channel Services is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.