Contract duration: 2 years
The Olympic Channel is seeking to fill a position as Archivist to take responsibility for archives and catalogues of the Olympic Channel, guaranteeing that original content produced is properly stored following priority rules. The Archivist will work closely with all content generators teams of the Olympic Channel to ensure valuable media is tagged as to be archived.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate a keen ability to manage Media Asset Management (MAM) tools and metadata combined with a general knowledge of Olympic sports. The Video Archivist will report to the Archive Content Manager.
- Archive, catalogue and document digital assets with MAM tools using appropriate terminology and standardised information.
- Support the daily operation of the Olympic Channel archiving in a timely and effective manner the original content produced or acquired following priority rules.
- Contribute to generate, maintain and update the vocabularies, taxonomies and structured metadata.
- Create and curate catalogues and collections of media.
- Research information on multiple platforms to support documentation efforts.
- Apply quality control and test procedures as instructed.
- Apply and ensure that all rules for access and distribution of video content are followed.
- Report technical or operational issues with software and systems used for daily operations.
- Ensure metadata enrichment process is properly handled through the chain from ingest point to deep archive and report any inconsistencies.
- Provide support to users of the MAM system in researching specific footage and elaborate documents to describe workflows or procedures to support MAM users.
- Provide activities reporting.
- Handle assigned Library workflows and activities.
- University degree in Library and Information Science, Communications or equivalent.
- Experience with MAM, CMS and Information management tools.
- Experience in cataloguing and curating media assets.
- Experience in broadcast and sport production is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience in using and manipulating XML metadata files, spreadsheets with functions, SQL.
- Knowledge of video file formats and television standards.
- Ability to prioritize a demanding workload and good organizational skills with strong care for details.
- Flexibility and fast learning abilities.
- Ability to research, analyse and give shape to information.
- General sports knowledge across multiple sports with focus on the Olympic ones.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Good communications skills; ability to speak and write in excellent English.
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote job reference: Archivist in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.