Contract type: Permanent
Department: Original Programming
The Olympic Channel is a digital-first, multiplatform global Olympic media entity, where fans can experience the power of sport and the Olympic Movement all year round. The primary objectives of the Olympic Channel are the following:
- Provide a platform for the continuous exposure of Olympic sports and athletes beyond the Olympic Games period and help create anticipation while providing opportunities to “re-live the experience” after the Games
- Continuously highlight the relevance of the Olympic Movement’s ideals to the challenges of today’s world
- Provide a platform for sharing the IOC’s very rich patrimonial assets and archives with the world and create additional value and content for the IOC archives
- As a matter of priority, engage the young generations around the world using methods that are relevant to them, building understanding, entertainment and education.
The Olympic Channel team is composed of experienced broadcast professionals and innovative content-producers working out of two main bases of operation. The commercial and distribution departments are located at the IOC headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, and the technical and production units operate out of Madrid, Spain.
As a Branded Content Coordinating Producer, this position will be working towards the successful delivery of branded content campaign solutions for Olympic Channel TOP partners, creating value to optimize stakeholders’ investment in the channel while also building audience for the Olympic Channel as a whole.
The role is critical to delivering on the channel’s overall strategy and will be primarily responsible to lead the creative development and execution of bold, break-out, 360-degree content campaigns that stay true to Olympic Channel’s unique editorial voice and values.
The role will collaborate and work across a number of functions and teams, and will report to the Director of Original Programming, based at the Olympic Channel’s office in Madrid, Spain.
- Primarily own and deliver creative concepts and campaigns that translate the objectives of Olympic Channel’s partners into ambitious multi-platform experiences across a variety of formats, including video, photo, written, audio, social, and interactive.
- Decisively react and respond to partner creative briefs, utilizing data-driven insights to inform and support creative solutions that can be developed into story-driven pitch proposals for clients.
- Lead strategic creative and brainstorming conversations and work collaboratively with clients and internal stakeholders to develop and refine pitches for custom branded content campaigns.
- Utilize deep, existing relationships with agencies, creative talent, and studios in order to execute RFP’s and deliver campaigns, while also taking stock of available internal creative and production services.
- Manage branded content production and delivery from start to finish, serving as the primary point of contact between the internal teams and client/agency teams to ensure all deliverables are on message, on budget, and align with campaign objectives.
- Coordinate with the Product team to map out technical requirements and manage the necessary product build and delivery for any relevant campaign.
- Work in close collaboration across key internal production teams, including Social, Daily, Production, & Commissioning, while also liaising with the Senior Branded Content Manager to ensure close alignment with Partnership, Marketing, and Reporting teams.
- Contribute proactively to the analysis and optimization of workflows, platforms and vendor relationships to drive efficiency and scale.
- Provide creative vision and inspiration and oversee creative of high quality, innovative Branded Content that builds OC audience and deepens engagement
- Serve as the final check/gatekeeper for all deliverables and continually act as IOC and Olympic Channel brand guardian in order to uphold the editorial vision and mission of the Olympic Channel
- Regular travel between Madrid and Lausanne offices may be required
- 7-10 years of work experience at a creative agency or in branded content at a media publisher, with a focus on custom original content within the sports, lifestyle, or entertainment landscapes.
- An experienced digital content creator with strong editorial chops and clear creative capabilities to ideate, produce, and oversee first-class custom content experiences across a variety of formats (video, photo, audio, infographics, interactive, etc.), and a proven portfolio of work to match.
- A brand-supported digital innovator who can discern and influence how a unique content brand can scale without losing its distinctiveness and how it can travel in a socially-driven media environment.
- A keen observer of the media scene and trends – particularly sports and youth programming – who recognizes rapid changes in the landscape and can adapt accordingly.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, and package and pitch new, exciting ideas on a consistent basis both internally and to partners.
- Creatively charged and enthusiastic, you should be a team player and a fan of the Olympic Games, its sports, and its core values – friendship, respect, and excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills and generally detailed-oriented and organized as required to interface across multiple levels and groups in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working in a team environment that is changing as it is growing, with the ability to wear multiple hats
- Comfortable working in matrix structures and collaborating across countries
- Native English fluency required in order to write and craft copy to support all content. Additional languages an asset.
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Branded Content Coordinating Producer’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.