Contract type: Temporary
Department: Digital Data & Analytics
The Olympic Channel is looking for a Data Integration Engineer to join our Digital Data & Analytics team. You will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Data, Sport and Media across the Olympic digital ecosystem as we prepare for the Olympics Games of Paris 2024 and Milano-Cortina 2026.
Our team is responsible for a wide range of data-related activities that aim to increase fan engagement with the Olympic Games. Activities including:
● Using data to answer critical business questions, such as which content we should focus on, or how to better engage our fans, including advanced forecasting techniques.
● Measuring business performance and providing recommendations to decision-makers
● Helping to drive the digital strategy of the IOC
● Developing production models that deliver high profile product features to users across the world, including during the Olympic Games, based on personalization algorithms.
● Building fan data architecture and integrations
We are a dynamic and multicultural team of specialists with a range of skills from data, statistics, and engineering to business communications and project management. We highly value diversity of background and perspective. We work in close collaboration with colleagues who are experts in areas such as editorial, marketing, commercial, product and technical delivery.
This role will join the Data Integrations squad within the Digital Data & Analytics team, a newly formed squad with responsibility for supporting the activities related to ingesting data into our infrastructure.
We are looking for a person with some engineering or software development knowledge who enjoys guiding and managing data projects to take responsibility for:
- Defining core data needs
- Refactoring of and ownership of our data tracking plans
- Jointly with other squads, designing and maintaining our schemas
- Advising and defining how we integrate 3rd party systems within our data architecture
- Integrating our data systems with best in class tools
- In partnership with the Data Integration Manager, managing and increasingly owning relationships with partners and stakeholders, especially on technical topics
- Making recommendations and improvements to our architecture so that it is easy to grow – built with scale, easy maintenance, and flexibility in mind
- Defining processes to scale our integrations as we head towards Olympic Games, for example automatic validation tools and other systems that minimise manual work
- Providing technical specifications for new solutions to be built by engineering teams
- Advising on data privacy and data security needs for our integrations
The candidate will be capable of:
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, and building consensus on a wide range of technical decisions.
- Taking ownership of projects and having the ability to work with third parties to clearly define tasks and deadlines.
This role does not involve extensive software development. While small amounts of code may be useful in testing concepts, the majority of time will be spent writing specifications and contributing to or leading projects from a technical perspective, rather than coding.
Skills & requirements
- Ability to design and develop software integrations between applications using common technologies (eg HTTP, REST, JSON)
- Detail oriented
- Experience with Cloud environments is expected, especially in AWS, but others are also appreciated.
- Able to clearly identify and define challenges within data schema and structures and propose solutions
- Interested in designing data systems – thinking through and clarifying business and structural rules to get data to the right place at the right time at the right quality
- Experience with business and technical writing
- Fluent in oral and written English, comparable to C1 proficiency
Workplace & Environment
- Fully remote opportunity; freelance contract
- Fast paced work environment;
- High value on learning and professional development
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply by following this link. Olympic Channel Services is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.