Contract type: Temporary
Department: Digital Data & Analytics
Ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, the Olympic Channel is looking for Data and Analytics Associates to join our fast-growing Digital Data & Analytics team based in Madrid. You will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Data, Sport and Media across the Olympic digital ecosystem comprising the Olympic Channel, olympic.org alongside the sites and apps of Olympic Games Organizing Committees such as Tokyo 2020.
Our team is responsible for a wide range of data-related activities that aim to increase fan engagement with the Olympics. Activities including:
- Using data to answer critical business questions, such as which content we should focus on, or how to better engage our fans, including advanced forecasting techniques.
- Measuring business performance and providing recommendations to decision-makers
- Help to drive the digital strategy of the IOC
- Production models that deliver high profile product features to users across the world, including during the Olympic Games, based on personalization algorithms.
- Fan data architecture and integrations
We are a dynamic, informal and multicultural team of specialists so far from 6 different countries with a range of skills from data, statistics, and engineering to business communications and project management. We highly value diversity of background and perspective and are striving for a gender balanced team. We work in close collaboration with colleagues who are experts in areas such as editorial, marketing, commercial, product and technical delivery. Our working language is English.
We are looking for Project Managers with an interest in working in the intersection between Sports, Media, and Big Data. We are building one of the most exciting teams of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Integration Engineers and we are now looking for the right project managers to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
The Project Managers we are looking for will be essential to defining what our scientist and engineers will be doing preparation for, during and after the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, and making sure that the whole team delivers on time, with quality and passion.
We need organized team members capable of prioritizing their time and others, able to isolate and identify blockers and inefficiencies within projects and help the team to operate at its maximum level.
- Leads project planning, resourcing, progress reporting, troubleshooting and communication with other stakeholders or third parties
- Communicates and tracks regularly on the status of project goals by ensuring project results meets requirements regarding quality, reliability and schedule
- Successfully manages relationships with other stakeholders involved.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with third parties and vendors when needed.
- Owns the project standards, processes and procedures recommending improvements where needed.
- Provides direction and support to project team to ensure accomplishment of agreed upon goals, objectives and deadlines
- Manage and plan assignments along with prioritizing goals and requirements
- Leads the teams to resolve problems found during the project execution.
- Ensures all changes are planned, and executed with the agreed business impact.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excited to build relationships with team members and other stakeholders to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Proven ability in project management and ability to teach others
- Systematic and analytical thinking and working skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English, comparable to C1 proficiency
- Past experience in different project management methodologies. Overall experience and knowledge of Data Management, Big Data, Cloud Services or Media preferred but not required.
Workplace and Environment
- Fast paced work environment;
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks;
- Position until the end of 2020
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, along with examples of previous work (eg. link to a show reel or similar). The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Data Science Project Manager’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.