We are looking for a full-time, experienced Digital Ad Product Operations Manager to join our Olympic Channel Services team based in Madrid to lead the seamless delivery of advertising campaigns, help evolve and develop our current ad product offering and ultimately identify new opportunities to deliver value to IOC TOP Partners across the IOC’s digital ecosystem.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about digital media and technology; a team player who is collaborative, has a proactive, solutions-orientated approach and strives to make ongoing improvements. You’ll have a client service mindset combined with solid ad ops experience and be ready to hit the ground running!
The Digital Ad Product Manager will work with internal and external teams across the organisation (in Madrid and Lausanne, Switzerland), namely commercial, product, technical operations, marketing, content & editorial, as well as TOP partners and their agencies. This role will be responsible for managing our external ad operations partner and the trafficking and optimisation of advertising campaigns.
The role will report into the Senior Manager, Partner Services, Olympic Channel & Digital Assets (based at the IOC Television and Marketing Services HQ in Lausanne) and also to our Senior Product Manager within our Product Team (based at the Olympic Channel Services HQ in Madrid). The role will physically be located in Madrid.
Digital Ad Campaign Management
- Build and manage relationships with our ad operations partner and an outsourced team, including day to day management and other selected partners
- With the support of the ad operations partner, co-ordinate, monitor and manage all aspects of online advertising campaigns (multichannel campaigns across desktop, mobile, video and connected devices, email) including acting as the main point of contact for gathering digital creative assets, managing inventory, providing technical QA support on ad serving as needed, accurate trafficking and optimisation of ad campaigns across our owned & operated and distributed digital platforms
- Work with partner servicing teams, partners and third parties to facilitate implementation of ads
- Deliver against KPIs including viewability and audience targeting
- Maintain and communicate technical specs to partner servicing teams, clients and agencies
- Ensuring creatives adhere to tech specs, including testing and troubleshooting 3rd party ads, 3rd party tags and programmatic/partner tags
- Monitor campaign performance to ensure full delivery while maximising creative performance
- Triage as first and second tier support for campaign delivery issues
- Diagnose ad serving problems and identify solutions with internal technical operations or client facing teams
- Proactively provide insight and analysis into inventory availability to assist achieving a maximum sell through
- Work with internal teams to provide clients with programmatic media recommendations and optimization strategies that align with objectives
- Provide input on campaign goals, approaches, and methods to help establish success metrics and KPI’s
- Establish standard and automated processes – campaign delivery reporting, campaign management optimisation, screengrabs, – and ensure they are followed
- Ensure client dashboards are updated and accurately reporting campaign KPIs
- Be comfortable being an escalation point within the business for technical issues
- Ensure that all activities in the ad technology team are inclined towards the achievement of advertising overall objectives
- Develop strategy and deployment for Games Time delivery leading in to and during Tokyo 2020 ensuring full coverage (weekend, time zones and remote)
- Collaborate with ad ops partner, internal Product and Tech teams to find holistic solutions to technical issues and streamline daily operations
- In conjunction with the Digital Data & Analytics team, conduct full analysis of campaign performance, optimisation, issues, report and maintain client dashboards
- Oversee support of ad infrastructure and ad technology on digital platforms
- Work with Product teams to drive product enhancements
- Develop ad product and packaging
- Test rich media and developing interactive creatives across IOC owned and operated sites
- Develop and evangelise an Ad Product Playbook as well as any supporting materials such as FAQs, activation guides
- Evaluate third party vendors or organisations
- Keep on top of industry trends in online advertising and ad operations
- Minimum 4 years of relevant and demonstrable experience across ad operations, ad technology and ad product development working with a publisher or agency, preferably with a background in several types of advertising: display, native and video advertising. Social, programmatic a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the entertainment/content/TV/media/sports broadcasting space, with a strong emphasis on TV Everywhere, OTT, live streaming would be an advantage
- Excellent client-management and internal stakeholder management skills
- Experience working with ad integrations on digital platforms such as web, mobile and connected tv apps
- An expert in Google Ad Manager and significant hands on experience working with third party ad servers, Google Campaign Manager, Tag Manager, ad tags, first party data providers and implementation, and other various software solutions
- Thorough understanding and proactive approach to keeping up on changes in the digital media industry, especially ad tech tools and systems (DSPs, DMPs, Ad Servers, DCO, tag management).
- Knowledge on ad viewability and industry benchmarks and norms
- Industry knowledge of third-party ad servers, as well as first and third-party data targeting approaches
- Scheduling and implementing VAST/VPAID tags to enable advertising
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team, with clients and cross-functional teams
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- The ability to interpret data and translate into clear, actionable insights
- Attention to detail and dedication to problem-solving
- Outstanding attention to detail, time management and the ability to multitask
- Proficient in Excel and other data analysis tools
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and manage multiple campaigns
- Ability to work effectively and keep cool under pressure and time constraints
- Strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet goals and deadlines
- Passionate about the Olympic brand and values
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order to apply for this role, please send your CV to Jobs@olympicchannel.com with your name and job title ‘Digital Ad Product Operations Manager‘ on the subject line.