Contract type: Temporary
Department: Technology and Operations
As part of the Technology and Operations Team, the Digital Platforms Engineer oversees the design and implementation of the Digital ecosystem, including but not limited to:
• OTT video delivery infrastructure
• Front end applications (Web, Mobile and TV Apps)
• Back end systems
• Integration of 3rd parties’ solutions and services
DPE must ensure that all services are delivered and maintained at the required quality standards supporting Operations and Support teams. The DPE will know the technologies and processes consisting the Olympic Channel digital environment. Must be motivated, well-organized, efficient trouble-shooter and able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Functional: Responsible to integrate different solutions within Olympic channel environment in a quality and timely manner. May require design and development of custom integrations or technical oversee of 3rd parties’ integrations.
• Non-functional: Perform the technical analysis and risk assessment of technical solutions, suggest improvements or new designs to existing applications and tools and ensure partners and vendors technical proposal are aligned with the company architecture and vision.
• Quality Control and Assurance: ensure vendors and third parties design and deliver applications according to the specifications and industry standard. Work with QA team to build test plans and metrics.
• Project Management: Ensure all the technical aspects of the projects are fulfilled with requested level of quality and ensure that all the technical requirements are requested by any stakeholders are delivered on time and with requested level of detail.
• Devops: coordinate release to production of new solutions with Operations team to make sure they have all the technical details needed to operate and support recently deployed systems.
• Communication: Internally with the department team members and managers; externally with other Department Managers, Corporate IT and Telecommunication services, suppliers and service providers.
• Deep knowledge on OTT platforms, ABR protocols (HLS, Mpeg-DASH, CMAF)
• Internet video delivery standards and security (http, CDN, DRM…)
• Previous experience with Video encoding (LIVE and VOD), video platforms and infrastructure.
• Deep knowledge of the whole stack including databases, protocols and web server optimization.
• Experience working with Content/Web Management systems (i.e WordPress, Drupal) and Digital marketing tools (i.e Ad Servers, Google DFP, CRM, etc)
• Experience in cloud deployments, in at least one of the principal public cloud providers.
• Strong scripting skills in order to automate tasks (Python, Bash, Perl)
• Experience as a Systems Engineer supporting web content publication architectures
• Knowledge on common mobile apps ecosystems (iOS, Android, Android TV, Apple TV, ROKU) and tools
• Highly familiar with open source and commercial monitoring systems
• Sound knowledge of with SQL/NoSQL Databases
• Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation
• Any of the following area will be considered a significant plus:
o Experience creating CI/CD pipelines and with common DevOps tools: Dockers/Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, Github
o Experience on common Digital Marketing use cases (CRM notifications, AdOps, Customer Identity) and related technologies
o Experience in information security or related technology experience.
o Experience working and configuring CDN environments
o Experience analyzing logs at low level to troubleshoot issues and find potential improvements.
• Requires broad-based solutions considering two or three dimensions – operational, financial and human.
• Analytical ability is clearly required.
• At least 5 years of experience in system engineering and/or software development
• At least 5 years of experience in one scripting or programming language.
• Previous experience working with cloud infrastructures (PaaS, IaaS, CaaS)
• At least 2 years of experience working with on a web environment
• Telecom, IT Engineering or related university degree required
• Cloud Architect certifications/training desirable (e.g. AWS Professional, MCSA: Cloud
Workplace and Environment
• Fast paced work environment;
• Position until December 2020
• Available to travel occasionally (10%), if required by immediate Supervisor
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, along with examples of previous work (eg. link to a show reel or similar). The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Digital Platforms Engineer’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.