Contract type: Temporary
At Olympic Channel Services we are looking for a digital producer who will help us build out, update and maintain the Games-time website and app for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. This person will be responsible for real-time publishing, creation of visual assets, metadata and tagging, the display and distribution of content.
We’re looking for someone with strong initiative and passion digital media and the Olympic Games to join our international team that will create and sustain the international language sections (English, French, Spanish, Korean, Mandarin and Hindi) of the official website of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, Tokyo2020.org. It will launch in February 2020.
- Management of the daily operations of Tokyo2020.org
- During Games-time, responsible for real-time publishing, updating of content in fast-paced, pressure-filled environment
- Coordinate/collaborate with Editor in Chief and news editors, Tokyo2020 colleagues and the Tokyo2020 digital team on best practices for the display and distribution of content
- Ensure all content meets IOC standards for integrity and production quality
- Establish a consistent tone and voice, engaging and appealing to Olympic fans across all platforms
- Help develop and implement an efficient global 24/7 workflow
- Manage transition/migration from existing website to Games-time website
- Write titles and metadata, implement and backstop proper tagging for both written and video content
- Create visual assets
- Identify proper complementary content; create photo/video galleries
- Maintain high-level view of overall storytelling across platforms
Education and Experience:
- Experience with web content management systems
- Experience with visual content creation and editing
- Solid news judgment, ability to think quickly and act appropriately under pressure
- Strong knowledge of Olympic sports
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices and what drives fan interest
- Fluent in English; French, Spanish, Korean, Mandarin or Hindi ideal.
- At ease in international environment
- Self-starter, plus ability to work in a team; adaptability in changing environment
- In sync with Olympic values of friendship, excellence, respect
- Positive, open-minded personality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Open to flexible working hours-shifts
- Detail-oriented, organized, effective multitasking
Workplace and Environment
- Fast paced work environment;
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks;
- Position commences in November 2019 and extends until August 2020
- This position is a Freelance opportunity
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order to apply for this role, please send your CV to Jobs@olympicchannel.com with your name and job title ‘Digital Producer‘ on the subject line.