Contract type: Temporary
Department: Technology and Operations Department
Are you familiar with digital properties? Web Apps, Mobile Apps, TV Apps? Video and Web delivery through complex global environments? Do you feel confident to design and lead technical integrations for digital properties?
As a Solutions Architect within the OCS Technology Team you will work within the Technology Development unit, taking on the responsibility of design and development of Olympic Channel Media platforms, integrating with a large number of 3rd party providers.
You will have proven ability with working with stakeholders to establish their requirements and designing and implementing the architecture, taking the technical leadership of distributed teams of software developers, ensuring that the result is reliable, scalable, performant and secure.
You will provide a consultative, collaborative and supervise approach to architectures designed and created by 3rd parties.
- Functional: accountable to gather new service needs, product and feature requests including functional requirements from Digital Platforms product owners and Engineering and Operations group. Participate and propose solutions during product and platforms definition phase, functional descriptions, etc. Document and track requirements.
- Non-functional: contribute to the definition of technical specifications for applications; perform the technical analysis and the detailed design; suggest improvements or new designs to existing applications and tools and ensure partners and vendors technical proposal are aligned with the company architecture and vision.
- Quality Control and Assurance: ensure vendors and third parties design and deliver applications according to the specifications and industry standard. Work with QA team to build test plans and metrics.
- Project Management: participate in projects as the Olympic Channel’s Technical representative or member; define scope, plan and follow project developments and deployments for applications; supervise or coordinate external resources during project phase.
- Devops: liaise with Digital, Engineering and Support teams for knowledge transfers pre- and post- releases aiding during complex problems analysis and troubleshooting.
- Communication: Internally with the department team members and managers; externally with other Department Managers, Corporate IT and Telecommunication services, suppliers and service providers.
- Deep knowledge in cloud deployments, in at least one of the principal public cloud providers, designing complex and secure architectures.
- Deep knowledge in the administration of web servers and application servers based on Windows and Linux
- Deep knowledge of the whole stack including databases, protocols and web server optimization.
- Deep knowledge designing and implementing performant applications coping with high traffic and global reach (ie. Scalability, caching, CDN optimization, etc.)
- Deep knowledge in web delivery and CDN related technologies; including HTTP and web servers, TCP/IP and DNS
- Deep knowledge on analysis and troubleshooting of e-Commerce, Web and Video delivery performance and quality issues and ensuring platforms availability, resiliency and scalability
- Deep knowledge in analytics and tools, like Kibana and creating dashboards for performance reporting
- Able to automate tasks through scripting, Python, node.js
- Experience reviewing source code and identifying issues and risks.
- Sound knowledge of one or several of the following topics: Internet video distribution, Content/Web Management Systems (i.e. WordPress, Drupal), Digital marketing tools (i.e. Ad servers, CRM, etc.)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including delivery of advanced technical concepts to key decision makers
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Superior strategic thinking, influence and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Any of the following area will be considered a significant plus:
- Experience working with over the top video technologies (ABR protocols HLS, mpeg-DASH, CMAF).
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines and with common DevOps tools: Dockers/Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, Github
- Experience on common Digital Marketing use cases (CRM notifications, AdOps, Customer Identity) and related technologies
- Requires broad-based solutions considering two of three dimensions – operational, financial and human. Analytical ability is clearly required.
- 5 years of software development and/or software architecture experience
- Experience in designing distributed software architectures and front-end applications
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs, API management experience is desired.
- Experience in systems integration, integrating different and disparate products through extensive usage of API
- Experience designing or developing for globally distributed Internet, e-commerce or video platforms
- Experience with developing in PHP or Java against SQL/NoSQL systems
- At least 5 years of experience in one scripting or programming language.
- At least 2 years of experience working with cloud infrastructures (PaaS, IaaS, CaaS)
- At least 2 years of experience working with on a web environment
- Cloud Architect certifications/training desirable (e.g. AWS Professional, MCSA: Cloud Platform, etc.)
Education & Training
- Telecom, IT Engineering or related university degree required
- Project and process management certification desired (Agile/Scrum, PMI, Prince2)
Workplace and Environment
- Fast paced work environment;
- Position until December 2020
- Available to travel occasionally (10%), if required by immediate Supervisor
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, along with examples of previous work (eg. link to a show reel or similar). The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Digital Solutions Architect’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.