Contract type: Permanent
Department: OCS Content Team
The Director of Daily Content will be responsible for leading our news and social media teams to create innovative, inclusive and compelling stories that put the Olympic fan at the centre of the conversation.
This person will create cross-platform content plans in collaboration with the Editor in Chief, plus a variety of stakeholders (including commercial partners), incorporating the Olympic family ecosystem to allow for greatest amplification, distribution of content.
This person must be able to make editorial decisions quickly and confidently during periods of pressure, to delegate duties in an efficient and productive manner and to maintain the highest standards throughout.
• Lead the development of daily content – audio, video, text, interactive elements and social media – to maintain distinctive, compelling voice across multiple languages and platforms
• Real-time publishing in fast-paced, pressure-filled environment
• Find efficiencies among languages yet develop unique, authentic stories for each
• Coordinate editorial staffing assignments and resources
• Collaborate with sport production, planning, commissioning and data teams to deliver projects through cross-functional teams
• Collaborate with tech, product managers to enhance our presentation, delivery of content
• Collaborate with commercial team to identify, execute content integration
• Identify opportunities for growth – traffic and revenue
• Understand the technical processes through which we deliver content
• Help identify new, emerging technologies to enhance our storytelling
• Lead special projects
• Mentor less-experienced members of the team
• Ensure all content meets IOC standards for integrity and production quality
• Established ability to create and produce innovative digital video storytelling
• Strong understanding of legacy video
• At least three years’ experience managing a team
• Comfortable using data to help inform decisions
• Strong knowledge of Olympic sports
• Strong knowledge of online content management systems
• Strong knowledge of SEO best practices and what drives fan interest
• Strong knowledge of online measurement tools, such as Google Analytics
• Familiarity with CRM
• Familiarity with branded content
• Fluent in English; other languages a plus.
• At ease in international environment
• In sync with Olympic values of friendship, excellence, respect
• Positive, open-minded personality
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills – diplomacy, tact and discretion
• Detail-oriented, organized, effective multitasking
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with examples of previous work (eg. link to a show reel or similar). The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Director, Daily Content ’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.