Contract type: Temporary
Department: Technology and Operations
Would you like to be part of a team that’s responsible for maintaining quality on a product impacting millions of users?
We need a QA engineer responsible to coordinate all the 3rd parties that provide Olympic Channel with QA services including but not limited to:
- External QA engineers
- Remote QA testers
- Automated testing systems
As a Full Stack QA Engineer you will be responsible for define the QA strategy, define the quality standards and acceptance criteria for 3rd parties’ deliveries. Coordinate releases to production, manage both the test cases and bug tracking of the different digital properties at Olympic Channel (Web App, Mobile Apps, TV-Apps…)
You will be the first point of contact for every QA related issue with external vendors and also with other departments of the organization (Product, Data, Editors…) to ensure every feature is properly tested and validated.
You should be able to coordinate QA resources in an effective way reporting to the department manager in a simple and comprehensive way.
- Coordinate QA team and resources to assure high quality standards on every Digital property at Olympic Channel (Web App, Mobile Apps, TV-Apps…)
- Creating automated tests within different levels (Functional testing, integration and end-to-end)
- Coordinating with developers and stakeholders to ensure proper definition of stories and appropriate coverage and QA.
- Defining test scenarios and strategies for complex architectures.
- Bug tracking and reporting for the different projects in an effective way.
- Exploring new testing approaches and writing POC’s to test out within the company
- Setup of test automation framework
- Specific skills with tools/frameworks for test automation in browser or mobile applications (e.g. Selenium Webdriver, Appium, Protractor, Nightwatch, Cypress, WitBE etc)
- Familiarity in using tools like Postman and Charles to test API
- Desirable knowledge in the areas of QX, performance and load testing
- Desirable knowledge on OTT video and http protocol
- Experience in setting up automation for multiple browser or device compatibility
- Desirable knowledge of different CLOUD technology, tools and resources (e.g. AWS Lambda, IAM, DynamoDB, ECS, API Gateway, etc)
- Able to test with API tools (SOAP, POSTMAN…) and metadata files and workflows
- Requires broad-based solutions considering two or three dimensions – operational, financial and human.
- Analytical ability is clearly required.
- At least 5 years’ experience as QA engineer or related activities.
- At least 2 years’ experience as QA/developer in an Agile environment
- Previous experience coordinating teams.
- Experience elaborating complete test plans for complex digital properties (WEB Apps, Mobile Apps, TV Apps…) including but not limited to:
- Functional testing
- Integration testing
- End to End testing
- Automated testing
- Telecom, IT Engineering university degree or equivalent experience required
- Project and process management experience desired (Agile/Scrum, Jira, Bugtracking)
Workplace and Environment
- Fast paced work environment;
- Position until December 2020
- Available to travel occasionally (10%), if required by immediate Supervisor
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, along with examples of previous work (eg. link to a show reel or similar). The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Full Stack QA Engineer’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.