Contract type: Permanent
Department: Digital Strategy
The Head of Product is responsible for leading and managing the continuous evolution of the digital products of the Olympic Channel, from identifying key improvements for existing technologies to evaluating and deploying innovative, next generation solutions.
The role reports into the General Manager of the Olympic Channel and is physically located in Madrid.
- Lead the product vision and strategy, including a creative product roadmap development and periodic review process for Olympic Channel across all digital media properties
- Create a data-driven culture by performing market research and market validation based on user feedback, analytics and A/B testing to identify opportunities for existing and new features and functionality
- Understand the thorough business case for proposed products and initiatives, including cost/benefit estimates, market trends, competitive and risk analysis, industry best practices and product development timelines
- Align, plan, prioritize, and manage the product features and requirements from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize audience growth, revenue and overall business goals
- Implement the multi-tenancy product construction in order to achieve an aggregated audience
- Collaboratively work with the content teams to ensure increased functionality and heightened user engagement are achieved through the product
- Collaboratively work with the tech ops and project management teams to ensure consistent execution of product plans that result in on time delivery and within budget
- Collaborate with commercial and marketing teams to ensure go-to-market strategies, plans and activities are aligned with the company’s business drivers
- Work with in-house developers and third-party companies to effectively manage the evolution of the product, focusing on features that deliver real user engagement and value
- Communicate products performance utilizing key communication tools like detailed mock-ups, user flows and prototypes
- Ensure overall project management and timelines are met to achieve internal objectives.
- Foster close relationships with cross-departmental teams (Content, Marketing, Data & Analytics, Engineering, Program Management) to validate product strategy and roadmap
- Take a “fan-first” approach to all Olympic Channel digital experiences
- Experience across multiple platforms and products.
- 5+ years’ experience developing successful digital products across various platforms including web, apps and connected devices. Experience within the digital publishing industry on consumer facing products, preferably with a keen knowledge of the sports and video industries.
- Ability to lead and influence across different organizations and align cross-functional teams on common goals.
- A demonstrated track record of developing product strategy and leading large-scale products from conception through completion. The ability for being detail-oriented, self-motivated and promoting follow-through for yourself and your peers.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of product development techniques, including agile methodologies. Ability to write user stories, technical requirements and well thought out use cases. An ability to prototype these ideas is a plus.
- A deep understanding of the current social, branded content, digital, mobile and tablet landscapes
- Extensive understanding of usability and user experience best practices
- Extensive experience synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data to drive decisions for building best in class digital products
- Excellent project management, organization skills. Ability to evaluate, analyse and interpret the voice of the customer through a variety of data sources
- Able to influence cross-functional teams, work autonomously, while still functioning in a team environment. Comfortable working in matrix structures and collaborating across countries
- Strong interpersonal and overall communication skills, both written and oral
- Superior attention to detail
- Experience with online collaboration tools a plus
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and JIRA a plus
- Ability to travel upon request.
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude, open-mindedness
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Head of Product’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.