Contract type: Temporary
Department: Digital Data & Analytics
Ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, the Olympic Channel is looking for Data and Analytics Associates to join our fast-growing Digital Data & Analytics team based in Madrid. You will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Data, Sport and Media across the Olympic digital ecosystem comprising the Olympic Channel, olympic.org alongside the sites and apps of Olympic Games Organizing Committees such as Tokyo 2020.
Our team is responsible for a wide range of data-related activities that aim to increase fan engagement with the Olympics. Activities including:
- Using data to answer critical business questions, such as which content we should focus on, or how to better engage our fans, including advanced forecasting techniques.
- Measuring business performance and providing recommendations to decision-makers
- Help to drive the digital strategy of the IOC
- Production models that deliver high profile product features to users across the world, including during the Olympic Games, based on personalization algorithms.
- Fan data architecture and integrations
We are a dynamic, informal and multicultural team of specialists so far from 6 different countries with a range of skills from data, statistics, and engineering to business communications and project management. We highly value diversity of background and perspective and are striving for a gender balanced team. We work in close collaboration with colleagues who are experts in areas such as editorial, marketing, commercial, product and technical delivery. Our working language is English.
We are looking for Integration Engineers to build, maintain, and expand our core data infrastructure. We expect our Integration Engineers to design, own and maintain our global data architecture and schemas, and work with other stakeholders within the company and with third parties involved to define core data needs. Integration Engineers are responsible for integrating our data systems with best in class tools, an essential activity towards expanding our data architecture.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and build consensus on a wide range of technical decisions.
- Advise and define how we integrate 3rd party systems within our fan data architecture. Advise on when to buy, use or build
- Own our data schemas, while representing our department in the needs and recommendations for integration of our infrastructure with other internal stakeholders or third-party companies
- Provide technical specifications for new solutions to be built by engineering teams
- Make recommendations and improvements to our architecture so that it is easy to grow – built with scale, easy maintenance, and flexibility in mind
- Ownership of projects and ability to work with third parties to define clearly the tasks and deadlines.
This role does not involve extensive software development. While small amounts of code may be useful in testing concepts, the majority of time will be spent writing specifications and attending meetings, rather than coding.
- Detail oriented, with an obsession with building things and figuring out how to make them work
- Able to clearly identify and define challenges within data schema and structures and propose solutions (for example… how do we define a country? a unique video asset? a day?)
- Interested in designing data products – thinking through and clarifying business and structural rules to get data to the right place at the right time
- Ability to design and develop software integrations between applications (REST, JSON, programming languages)
- Experience with Cloud environments is expected, especially in AWS, but others are also appreciated.
- Experience with business and technical writing
- Fluent in oral and written English, comparable to C1 proficiency
Workplace and Environment
- Fast paced work environment;
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks;
- Position until the end of 2020
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, along with examples of previous work (eg. link to a show reel or similar). The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Integration Engineer’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.