The Olympic Channel is seeking to fill a temporary position as Media Coordinator, as part of the Technical department.
The Media Coordinator will work in a team of three along the Systems and Workflows Manager and the Systems and Workflows Administrator.
As part of the Systems and Workflows unit, the Media Coordinator will play a key role in the support and maintenance of the content creation workflows and best practices within the Olympic Channel. You will be responsible for managing the media asset’s lifecycles and ensuring the consistency and quality of the metadata across the content creation tools: Traffic system, Production Asset Management, Media Asset Management (both on-premise and cloud instances) and Digital back-end (Content Management System).
- Super-user administration of the NLE Production Asset Management system, NRCS, Traffic-scheduling system and MAM systems; ensuring that all systems are operated following the defined workflows and best practices.
- Technical and non-technical communication: Internally with the Technical and Editorial departments’ team members and managers; externally with service providers.
- Media and Metadata responsibilities: overseeing the input of metadata across the Traffic, NRCS and MAM systems, correcting metadata errors by other users if necessary to ensure its consistency and quality, managing media deletion cycles across the MAM and PAM systems, and supporting the MCR operators in the managing of media across the shared storage to ensure that media is available in a timely manner when required by both internal and external clients.
- Maintenance: deal with user requests, service tickets, incidents, modifications; evaluate activities and task performance and enhances the related workflow when possible; carry out or supervise development on workflow activities; full control of the configuration and troubleshooting of all workflow related tasks; ensures the visibility of any malfunction at workflow level and acts as primarily expertise in setting alternative ways or workarounds.
- Fast-learner and proactive: always looking for efficiencies and best practices
- Ability to work on her/his own and as part of a team
- Ability to analyze situations or requirements from various angles
- Problem-solver: ability to find suitable workarounds
- Customer-focused, good listener, empathic and assertive
- Happy to handle daily routine tasks
- Technical aptitude with software platforms and web technologies
- Responsible and proud of her/his job
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage deadlines in stressful situations
- Interest in metadata and workflows
- Fluent English spoken and written.
- At least 2 years of experience working with broadcast / digital environment with a full understanding of operational activities from planning to distribution.
- Proven administrator and/or superuser experience of at least one of the following systems:
- News Room Computer System
- Production Asset Management
- Media Asset Management
- Digital Asset Management
- Content Management System
- Experience in common software broadcast systems like multiuser editing systems, Lineal/Nonlinear On-Air distribution, Subtitling, Automatic Quality Control, Transcoding, Graphics, HSM subsystems, Dashboarding & Monitoring workflows
- Expertise in broadcast interdepartmental tasks-activities
- Good understanding of broadcast standards, especially the compression file universe.
- Quality Assurance
- Ideal experience with one or more of the following: FFmpeg, Postman, GIT, SQL, XSL and XSD
- Proficient in Excel
Workplace and Environment
- Fast paced work environment;
- Available to travel occasionally (10%), if required by immediate Supervisor.
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks;
- Position commences as soon as possible and ends in December 2020
- Position is based in Madrid, Spain
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with examples of previous work (eg. link to a show reel or similar). The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Media Coordinator’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please be informed that the controller of your personal data will be Olympic Channel
Services, S.L. (hereinafter, OCS) with trade register No. B87320867, and a registered
address in Calle Torrelaguna 75, 28027 Madrid. Your personal data will be processed
in order to evaluate your application among other things (purpose no. 5 detailed in our
submitting your application. You may exercise your rights of access to, rectification,
erasure, restriction, objection to processing and portability of your personal data at any
given moment, and to the extent established by the applicable legislation.
For further information regarding the purposes of the processing or your rights please