Contract type: Temporary
Department: Planning & Scheduling
The Planning and Scheduling Manager reports to the Director of Programming and Content Integration.
Responsible for the design and preparation of program schedules and on-air playlists in agreement with the editorial requirements for Olympic Channel TV and www.olympicchannel.com
- Transmissions Schedules and daily Linear Playlist: The Planning and Scheduling Manager will be responsible for the long-term transmission plan along with the day-to-day playlist of the Olympic Channel linear version (24/7):
- Olympic Channel TV (OC1): from the long-term linear plan to the daily playlists for the broadcast system playout
- First point of contact for all content issues in support the linear playout process
- Live transmissions: The Planning and Scheduling Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day live transmissions of the Olympic Channel:
- From the TX plan to the playlist for the broadcast system playout:
- First point of contact for the live transmission issues
- Media Management: The Planning and Scheduling Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operational trafficking of all final VODs:
- Managing WON product structure and creation for all final media assets (VODs and linear)
- Managing Media/ingest requests for all final media assets (VODs and linear)
- Transcoding all VODs
- Broadcast segmentation for all longform media assets to create linear breaks.
- Digital segmentation for linear playlists to create digital breaks for mid-rolls
- SEO content operations. From WON to MPX to Forge
- Daily Digital Publication: The Planning and Scheduling Manager will be overseeing the day-to-day digital publication workflow:
- Content digital trafficking. Managing the daily publication workflow for all final VODs: from WON to MPX to FORGE
- Live transmissions. EPG management: From WON to FORGE to Olympicchannel.com
- First point of contact for all content issues in support the publication of all VODs and EPGs
- Stock Management: The Planning and Scheduling Manager will be overseeing the maintenance of the Programming Master Production Plan for all the Editorial departments. The Programming Master Production Plan needs to be updated daily in line with all the individual content teams (originals, sports production, lives, social) production plans and it shall allow the Editorial team to have a short- and long-term overview of the content creation planning. Part of this stock management is the reconsolidation of the OC trafficking system to track the OC content which has been used by the OC Broadcast Partners.
- Reporting: The Planning and Scheduling Manager will be coordinating the daily reports of the Team providing information to all the internal stakeholders related to content trafficking and stock management.
- Troubleshooting: The Planning and Scheduling Manager will be handling troubleshooting actions related to the end to end publication workflow
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing supervision of any last-minute publication changes and live broadcasts
- Responsible for final schedule and the distribution of it to on-air users both internal and external
- Daily reconciliation of TX schedules
- Attention to detail
- Ability to create a cooperative work environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Computer literate
- Analytical skills
- Experience in television programming/broadcasting is necessary.
- Previous knowledge of What’sOn is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in the digital content market is strongly preferred.
Workplace and Environment
- Fast paced work environment;
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks;
- Position commences in November 2019 to cover a maternity leave.
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, along with examples of previous work (eg. link to a show reel or similar). The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Planning & Scheduling Manager’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.