Contract type: Temporary
Department: Digital Data & Analytics
Ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, the Olympic Channel is looking for Project Coordinator to join our fast-growing digital data & analytics team based in Madrid. You will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Data, Sport and Media across the Olympic digital ecosystem comprising the Olympic Channel, olymoic.org alongside the sites and apps of Olympic Games Organizing Committees such as Tokyo 2020.
Our team is responsible for a wide range of data-related activities including:
- Using data to answer critical business questions, such as which content topics we should focus on, or how fans engage with our platforms and content
- Devising metric frameworks for measuring business performance, and automating their production
- Analysing performance to advise teams on tactical improvements
- Contributing to the strategy development process
- Production models that deliver product features
- Fan data architecture and integrations
We are a young, dynamic, informal and multicultural team of specialists so far from 6 different countries with a range of skills from data, statistics, and engineering to business communications and project management. Amongst the data scientists in our team we have a 50:50 male-female ratio, and we highly value diversity of background and perspective. We work in close collaboration with colleagues who are experts in areas such as editorial, marketing, commercial, product and technical delivery. Our working language is English
- Manage the team inbox of requests from other parts of the organization, coordinating rapid prioritization and assignment of team members as needed, in collaboration with management
- Work closely with project managers across the Olympic Channel and IOC to understand emerging risks
- Monitor project progress, highlighting deviations from plan, in order that management can to resolve or escalate
- Create and maintain documentation on team processes and other know-how
- Coordinate team logistics, including team member hiring, on-boarding and off-boarding, organization of key meetings and trips, liaison with other teams as required to ensure team needs are met
- Be the contact point for partners and suppliers in the practical aspects of their work with the team, such as information exchange, visits to our offices and payments
- Monitor supplier performance and manage or escalate issues
- Other projects as requested
Education and Experience:
- As the coordinator of our extensive work programme, first and foremost you must be a highly organized individual who naturally keeps track of many things at once.
- While most of the team has their heads down on their projects, and the management team are busy with the wider picture, often it will be you who spots the opportunities or emerging issues that we need to focus on next. This position may suit someone who has existing experience as a team member in data or other digital projects and is looking for a stepping-stone into project management.
- This role will be critical in the lead up to the Toyo 2020, as our team works up to a collective career highlight. Needless to say, we value energy, enthusiasm and the ability to push through significant challenges along the way. A passion for the Olympics is a huge plus.
If you are the sort of person for whom organizing others comes naturally, we are really keen to hear from you. If you feel you have some of these skills, and still need to work on others please contact us anyway. We are looking for the right person for the job, rather than a specific skillset, and we actively support people to reach their learning goals.
Workplace and Environment
- Fast paced work environment;
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks;
- Position until the end of 2020
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Project Coordinator’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.