Contract type: Temporary
Department: Sports Data Project
The Olympic Channel is a digital-first, multiplatform global Olympic media entity, where fans can experience the power of sport and the Olympic Movement all year round. The primary objectives of the Olympic Channel are the following:
– Provide a platform for the continuous exposure of Olympic sports and athletes beyond the Olympic Games period and help create anticipation while providing opportunities to “re-live the experience” after the Games
– Continuously highlight the relevance of the Olympic Movement’s ideals to the challenges of today’s world
– Provide a platform for sharing the IOC’s very rich patrimonial assets and archives with the world and create additional value and content for the IOC archives
– As a matter of priority, engage the young generations around the world using methods that are relevant to them, building understanding, entertainment and education.
The Olympic Channel team is composed of experienced broadcast professionals and innovative content-producers working out of two main bases of operation. The commercial and distribution departments are located at the IOC headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, and the technical and production units operate out of Madrid, Spain.
Sports Data Warehouse project is looking for an experienced backend analyst developer to join the team. The focus for this role is as an experienced .NET Core 2 developer, primarily working on new functionality for a strategic sports data platform. The platform is based on a microkernel architecture and consists of multiple loosely coupled applications and services wired by a message bus. The project runs an Agile (Scrum) SDLC where you will be working closely with the business and testing teams in 2 weekly sprints.
Quality of a data analysis and data mapping is a key requirement for this role where an eye for detail is required.
– Day-to-day development of new functionalities in backend services.
– Produce quality test driven software following best practices.
– Collaborate on code design aspects with other developers.
– Give strong focus to data analysis.
– Perform peer review of development work providing constructive feedback.
– Pairing with other developers when required.
– Work with business user and business analysis teams to review and elaborate on deliverables.
– Provide accurate estimates, constructively challenging requirements where necessary.
– Provide wider knowledge/examples of other systems and technologies to the team.
– Prototype new concepts to aid in the technical evaluation of requirements.
– Apply creative suggestions for implementing new functionality.
– Provide assistance as necessary for deployment and support.
– Have extensive experience in .NET Core development and integration projects.
– Have extensive experience of working in Agile (Scrum/Sprint) projects.
– Have a practical experience with running the code in Docker on Linux.
– Able to communicate with both technical staff at a low level through to business stakeholders and be confident in pushing back to business on complex requirements.
– Be a collaborative decision maker; able to take input/ feedback from development teams and analysts.
– Be a graduate, or of graduate calibre and you will probably have a post graduate qualification in an IT or analytical discipline.
– Exposure to the full project life cycle, from inception to user acceptance testing and initial live running.
– Demonstrate knowledge of cutting-edge technical approaches and developments.
– Advanced written and verbal English communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels.
– Creative, proactive, logical and innovative.
Strong development background with extensive experience in the following
– C# .NET Core 2
– Data analysis: T-SQL, XML / XSLT / XSD, JSON / JSON schema, Regex
– Web API
– .NET Reflection
– ORM: Entity Framework Core and/or NHibernate Core
– Test-Driven Development (TDD)
– Inversion of Control
– Implementation of design patterns and practices (GOF etc.)
– Use of SOLID principles
– Git / Bitbucket
– Docker / Kubernetes.
– Non-SQL databases such as BaseX, Cassandra
– AWS/Azure/Alibaba Cloud
– Experience on Unix/Linux systems administration
Workplace and Environment
– Fast paced work environment.
– Operations based at the OBS/OCS Offices in Madrid, Spain.
– Full time shift work.
– Temporary Position: 6 months to a year with the possibility to extend
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Olympic Channel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Important: Please quote your name and job reference: ‘Senior .NET Core Analyst Developer’ in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.