MADRID – Bringing fans closer to the Olympic Movement all year round, the Olympic Channel today announced that it is now available on the Roku platform. Olympic Channel content available on the new app includes a 24/7 live stream, sports documentaries, memorable Olympic moments and original series.
Offering unparalleled access to Olympic sports and athletes all year round, the subscription-free Olympic Channel OTT service launched worldwide following the Olympic Games Rio 2016. Through comprehensive coverage, original programming, never-before-seen footage and exclusive interviews, the Olympic Channel takes viewers up close and behind the scenes with their favourite sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
“The launch of the Olympic Channel on the Roku platform provides fans and viewers with even more options to discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round as we look ahead toward Tokyo 2020,” said Mark Parkman, General Manager of the IOC’s global Olympic Channel.
Olympic Channel content currently available in the Roku Channel Store includes a 24/7 live stream and more than 400 episodes from the Olympic Channel library of original content featuring more than 60 series developed with best-in-class production companies from more than 25 countries. Highlights include:
- Five Rings Films: The Olympic Channel’s signature sports documentary series is produced by Hollywood legend Frank Marshall and Mandalay Sports Media. Directed by some of the biggest names in film from around the world, the feature-length films include The Nagano Tapes, the inspiring underdog story of the Czech Republic’s stunning gold medal win in men’s ice hockey in 1998; The People’s Fighter’s examines Cuba’s boxing culture highlighting the career of the legendary Teofilo Stevenson; and The Golden Generation which spotlights the Argentine Men’s National Team’s historic gold at the Athens 2004 Olympic Basketball Tournament.
- Original Series: From the legacy of Olympic heroes and how they inspire new generations in the second season of Legends Live On, to the docu-reality series that follows Olympic legends as they try to turnaround a struggling youth sports teams in just one week in The Z Team, the Olympic Channel provides an entertaining, inspiring and action-packed look at the everyday lives of athletes.
- 24/7 Live Streaming Channel: Those seeking a traditional TV experience can watch the 24/7 Olympic Channel TV live stream at any time. The round-the-clock streaming channel features original programming, Olympic Games event replays and other Olympic-related content. In the United States, the cable network “Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA” will be available as the 24/7 live streaming channel and is accessible to authenticated pay TV subscribers.
About the Olympic Channel
The Olympic Channel is a multi-platform global media destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, the Olympic Channel provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 11 languages. The Olympic Channel was launched in August 2016 in support of the IOC’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement. Founding Partners supporting the Olympic Channel are Worldwide TOP Partners Bridgestone, Toyota and Alibaba. The Olympic Channel is available worldwide at olympicchannel.com, its mobile apps and on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and the Roku platform.
- The Olympic Channel recently announced that it launched on connected TV devices with apps for Android TV and Apple TV in December 2018 and for Amazon Fire TV in February 2019.
- Authentication is not required to access VOD content.
- Roku is a registered trademark of Roku, Inc. in the U.S. and in other countries.